Sunday 15 January 2012

Banana Oats Muffins

Happy New Year everyone!! I know, I'm late. I've been pretty bad at posting on time these days. That'll all change soon once my exams are over :) Anyway, how's 2012 been treating you all so far? I know most people think the world is going to end this year, but frankly, I think that's pretty stupid. yeah, it's fun to go along with the hype, but I'm positive December 22, 2012 shall come. No matter what your opinion is, I guess it's best to focus on the present right? A lot of us have new year resolutions. A lot of us don't. Those of us who do, usually land up not following our resolutions after the first few days. Whatever the case may be, most people decide their resolution is going to be to lose weight. That's pretty much impossible, especially for those who have a major sweet tooth. Missing out on all those desserts is just unthinkable! Here's where the good news comes in. What if I told you it was possible to eat healthy, and still indulge in sweets? Nope, there's no catch. These banana oats muffins are DELICIOUS. I know it sounds gross and waaay too healthy to even be considered tasty, but I promise you, these are so good, you may not even miss the chocolate that much! I've been off chocolate myself for a month, and I'm planning on not eating it until the Board exams get over (March 26th!), so these muffins have been my quick fix. They're good for breakfast, snack, or just to satisfy those random hunger pangs. Also, it's ridiculously simple to make. This recipe makes 12 absolutely delicious muffins.






Ingredients:

1  1/2 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup sugar (You could substitute half of this with honey)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed bananas



Method:

1. Preheat the oven to about 400 degrees farenheit (200-210 degrees celcius).
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Combine the wet ingredients in another bowl and add the mashed bananas.
4. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
5. Bake for 20-22 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment