Wednesday 10 August 2011

Jacques Torres' Chocolate Mudslide Cookies



     My first post! I've been talking about starting a blog for a few months now, and finally I've got around to doing it! This may sound like a speech given by an Academy Award winner, but I have quite a few people to thank. I have to thank my mom for putting up with my frequent baking adventures and dealing with the mess I make in the kitchen. A big thanks to those who helped me decide on a blog name, and to my family and friends who eat everything I bake and give me their valuable opinions. You guys are the best! A big hug to my amazingly talented cousin Shruti who painted the most amazing shirt ever for me. It's got a cupcake on it, and it says ''Confectionery Craze''. I'll post a picture of it soon. Thank you SOO much, Shruti! I love you! :) Okay, my Academy Award speech is over. :P
     ''Seven days without chocolate makes one weak.'' Hahaha get it? I'm not quite sure who said this, but I completely agree with the statement. I'm probably the biggest chocoholic you'll ever meet. Chocolate is one of those foods you can eat for eternity. It isn't seasonal like other yummy stuff like berries. Thank GOD for that! I wonder what I'd do without chocolate! Chocolate is perfect for any occasion and for any mood, at any time or any place. It's so versatile and is the cure for anything and everything. I knew right away that my first post would have to feature a chocolate recipe. I decided to share this amazing chocolate cookie recipe with you all. It's a Jacques Torres recipe. Doesn't that say it all? It's extremely easy to make and taste absolutely fantastic! The rich chocolate taste is to die for. Excuse me while I go eat some more cookies. :D




Ingredients:

6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
  • 16 ounces bittersweet chocolate
  • 6 tablespoons butter
  • 2 1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 5 eggs
  • 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoons baking powder
    • Pinch of salt
    • 1 1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped (optional)
    • 16 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
    Method:

    1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit (about 180 degrees Celcius).
    2. Melt the unsweetened and bittersweet chocolate together. Set aside to cool.





    3. Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
    4. Mix the sugar and butter together in the bowl of a stand mixer. The texture will be like that of wet sand.
    5. Add the eggs one at a time.
    6. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
    7. Add the melted chocolate and mix. Stir in walnuts and chopped chocolate. At this stage, the dough may not be thick, but refrigerating them for about 20 minutes helps to harden the dough. 





    8. Place mounds of cookie dough on a baking tray greased and lined with parchment paper.





    9. Bake for approximately 15 minutes. Let the cookies cool before removing them from the tray. 






2 comments:

  1. Damn cool!! =D
    Oh, and keep uploading stuff...imma use these recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ahalya :) And yes, I'll keep posting recipes, so check back often :)

    ReplyDelete