Sunday 28 August 2011

Sugar Cookies

   I know this may sound weird, but I don't like sugar cookies. In fact, I don't like any cookie unless it has chocolate in it. Give me a simple classic chocolate chip cookie and I'll be happy. A few days ago, I decided to bake sugar cookies for a friend who absolutely adores cookies in any form. Obviously I tried one of the sugar cookies I made, and truth be told, these cookies were actually pretty good! The sugar crystals on top added a cute touch to them as well! I can't say I'm in love with sugar cookies now, but I don't hate them anymore either! I'm sure all you sugar cookie fans out there will enjoy this recipe. This recipe is adapted from the allrecipes website.






Ingredients:



1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons butter, softened



  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt




Method:

  1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. 
  2. Beat in eggs and vanilla. 
  3. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. 
  4. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
  5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). 
  6. Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
  7. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.












No comments:

Post a Comment